Sabtu, 05 Januari 2013

[short movie] A World Without A Bird


No bird soars to high, if he soars with his own wings
A Robin Red breast in cage, puts all the heaven in a rage
A dove house filled with doves and pigeons
Shudder hell thro' all its regions
There was a time when birds, these mythical animal, live among us
Unfortunately, I have never known this period
When I was born, they had already all disappeared

Nothing soars too high, if I soar with my own wings

[William Blake/1757-1827 - an English poet, painter and print maker]


That is narration from A World Without A Bird, a short movie that I found by accident in www.dailymotion.com. 

I get bored to watch Korean movies or their reality show, so I try to find a new one.

The movie is about the last day of a girl in the world without bird. She decide to end her life - suicide. Even though I don't like the story but Kendy choose good poem (in France language), music and actress. So, I want you to watch this movie, too.

---

Actually, I know nothing about William Blake until I ask Mr. Google. I think he is only a script writer of this movie.

No bird soars to high, if he soars with his own wings becomes a popular quote.
  It can be understood in several different way but I like what Danyoo said: No height is too high if you know how to fly. If a bird that didn't know how to fly was put on top of the Sears tower, it might crash and die. But if it flew to the top on it's own...well obviously he can safely get down.

---ooo---
ps:
Setelah membaca bukunya Ollie -Yes, You Can!, saya jadi kepengen bikin postingan yang berbahasa Inggris. Rasanya sudah lama sekali tidak mempraktekkan writing skills saya. Sayang kalau disia-siakan, kan ya??? 

Lupakan dulu tentang grammar (yang tentunya harus saya perbaiki pelan-pelan - seperti EYD saya yang masih carut marut kekeke), yang penting niat sudah berbuah usaha.

Fighting!

^__^

2 komentar: